Random stuff I'm working on, in chronological order.
The remastering of the Triumph animations Superhero and Wobblerne 2 from 1998 is done! As mentioned, the source was an old VHS tape, so the quality is a bit lacking. But they're still fun videos, rendered in Lightwave on Amiga ofc.
Superhero by Morten Johnsen (4th place The Gathering 1998: Animation Competition):
Wobblerne 2 by Morten Johnsen and Ivan Moen (2nd place The Gathering 1998: Animation Competition):
I found a VHS tape in storage containing Superhero and Wobblerne 2 released during The Gathering 1998. There's a version of Superhero on their website, but it's pretty crap. Couldn't find Wobblerne 2 anywhere.
Superhero was made by Morten Johnsen and Wobblerne 2 was made by Morten Johnsen and Ivan Moen. Time for a remastering! But first I have to find a functional VHS player and hope the tape is completely corrupted. I'll keep you posted.
The remastering of Dreamscape and Eclipse is done! More information can be found in the article: Dreamscape and Eclipse: The Final Cut.
I updated the Image Transformations article to include an ARM NEON implementation.
It's alive! The Amiga booted up on first try, after a 20 year break. Got some help from a friend at work, and borrowed his mouse and Gotek disk drive thingy (it's sitting in the open disk drive slot):
It's a 4000 with an Apollo 4040 card and 32 MB ram. There's also a CyberVision 64 in there, and a serial card, and a GVP SCSI card with GuruRom. (Yeah, there's no PowerPC in there. I just liked the picture back in the day.)
The point of all this is to try to rescue the original XING MPEG files that were used to generate the Triumph demos Dreamscape (TG94) and Eclipse (TG97). We copied a few of them out today, and it's looking pretty good! The idea is to remaster them on a PC and use fancy upscaling and do something with the colors... the usual. Might get it done this summer... jinx!
I ported the quaternion shader to C and made a multi-threaded renderer. It's not very quick, but at least I got a couple of old bugs fixed: